Saturday 29 March 2014

Inspired by the people who have loved me

Inspired by the people who have loved me

I've always been drawn to beauty
I've never really understood love
Love to me meant butterflies in my tummy      
Kisses that took my breath away
Spontaneity
Dancing in the rain


I've always been carefree
Childlike almost
Love to me was the look in your eyes
That you'd never let me go
That you knew I would hurt you
But you would let me

And hurt you I did
I pushed you beyond the limits you thought you had
I changed you
I scarred you
Yet every time I came back
You took me back

I can still see that look in your eyes
The moment you had enough
You had to let me go
You knew I would kill you
It took everything you had
But you turned away

Still you reached out
You had to protect me
You knew I needed you
And I did
You never really left
I was always in your heart

I'm still carefree
Childlike almost
But in many ways I've grown
I know I can hurt you
But I won't hurt you anymore
I'll try not to

I've never really understood love
How could I?
Love is everything; patient, kind, forgiving, faithful
Not self-seeking, love is unfailing
See, I've always known what love is
Because you showed me love

I'm sorry I hurt you
Please let me love you
I'll set you free
To love again... Much more than you loved me
With reckless abandon, without fear
I know she'll love you back

See, we were never meant to be
I had to love me to know you loved me
I travel light now
Alone but not lonely
Not afraid
I've found the greatest love of all

We'll be friends forever
I imagine our grandkids playing together on the sea shore
Building sand castles
And castles in the air
Oh, we have stories to tell
Of beautiful beginnings and much better endings






image from: http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/319/0/f/life_is_a_dance_in_the_rain_by_borda-d6uayb1.jpg

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I just realized there's a poet in you this year.So beautiful Uchene. You're blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorcas. I'm pleased you like it :)

      Delete
  2. I am in awe!

    Open and beautiful
    Write now...

    You know that saying: the really good writers need to be pushed to write because it is never good enough to them only.

    ReplyDelete