Tuesday 1 April 2014

First date Memories- Love at first sight

First date memories- love at first sight
I believe in love at first sight. True. It has happened to me. I can still remember that evening like it was yesterday. He was waiting for me outside the restaurant, wearing a t-shirt and pair of dark blue jeans. Pink. He was wearing a pink tee. Anyhow, we hugged and I caught a whiff of his cologne. “He smells really nice”, I thought. We were off to a great start.


They say you get a head rush, queasy tummy and curly toes. Not sure about the toes bit but at this point, I was thinking ‘if this is the kind of love that my ma used to warn me about, then I’m in trouble...’

“What would you like to drink”, he asked. “Hmmmmm Malt please”, I replied. “Malta Guinness”.
Dude must have been created on a rest day. His parents hit the jackpot! What perfection *sigh*

I really cannot remember what we talked about that day but conversation must have gone something like this:

Him: kjkdjicjidnlskndcnbhbjlmlsfv
Me: yeah ok (in my head... awwwwww his smile is so lovely, such perfect contrast of shiny white teeth against lovely brown skin)

Him: knioniewnhufbyrbhrbnjnknrnjnf draw
Me: oh you are an artist? Nice (in my head: oh wow wow wow I’ve always dreamed of getting married to an artist. Now I can have a full sized self portrait. Thank you Lord!)

Him: knjidjieidunhuhrijoioooooooj Benue
Me: oh cool (In my head: are you kidding me? We are from the same geo-political region? This is like icing on my multi-layered red velvet, chocolate, vanilla with butter cream frosting and chocolate sprinkles cake! )

So yeah that’s basically how the evening went. Best date ever... so great that I called him the next morning. Yes I did.
Me: “So where are we going with this relationship?”
Him: *long pause* “ehhhhhhhmmmmm relationship? Errrrrrrr  jfuhuhivojjoijiuuuhh”

Long after the phone call, it hit me!

It was the perfume. Bang! Marc Jacobs.


Photo from: http://mashable.com/2013/03/07/sxsw-the-ultimate-blind-date/

3 comments:

  1. Ah! Girrrrrrrrrlllll I feel you! Smell to me is a great aphrodisiac! I have never smelt Marc Jacobs but I know enough to say some smells should come with a warning label...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right......something about a guy who smells good, they are automatically more attractive!

    ReplyDelete