Tuesday 28 February 2017

Hello Inverness


First, a bathroom selfie! Because when you take unplanned journeys, unplanned bathroom trips happen.  Also because large mirrors are a solo traveller’s dream come true.

A few weeks ago, I got a free return ticket to Edinburgh, valid until the 28th of February. So the initial plan was to wake up very early today, take the first train out, visit the zoo +/- the castle, and take the last train back home. While planning the trip, I discovered that I would not be able to return on the same day due to many issues which I won't bore you with.

So, Plan B! I decided to try to change the date on the ticket to a more favourable one. Unfortunately, this was not possible and I could not get a refund would also. Anyway, that's how I found myself on a train to Inverness to avoid losing the ticket altogether.

Look what I found in Inverness (minus the warm bread roll I got when I asked for a PANINI :( )

River Ness


Faith, Hope and Charity. Actually, That's Charity on the left (caring for the child), Faith in the middle (with the Bible), and Hope on the right (providing a much needed anchor for the soul). We already know Charity aka Love is the greatest, right?




And I took the best long walk ever. Cue in Jill Scott's a long walk (without the lover :( ) So much Green!


                                                                           
Still a lot of grey and naked trees. Hauntingly beautiful.



And a monument for the brave ones who laid down their lives during the first world war.




Not exactly the right pair of shoes, but I wanted to rest the sneakers.



And I'll be starting my diet tomorrow (side eye yourself), so I bought this! I had the best caramel latte today to warm up for this. Oh yes, I also got a size 8 shirt to inspire me. I kid. I kid.



I really enjoyed my short impromptu visit to the capital of the Scottish Highlands! This country is so fine when the weather is not trying to kill you.

5 comments: