Friday 12 September 2014

Flash Back Friday... wrote this 10-12 years ago lol



The moonlight was meant for us
And on our nights unfailingly present
Hand in hand we strolled
And our hearts we shared
If only we had saved those moments
If only there were frozen forever
But we took it for granted
Thinking we'd be together forever
And now that we are apart,
Every night I see the stars
And hope they are shining down
On a love as great as ours

Words were not necessary
In our eyes were no secrets
The rest of the world did not matter
In you was my world
Your smile was a treasure
Your arms a shelter
You made me feel loved
And now I feel a great loss

I wish I could go back in time
If only to see your smile
I tried to find a substitute
But you could not be replaced
'cos a bond had already been formed
I worried if you felt the same way
And nearly ruined it all

Then we parted,
Your letters were a lifeline
In a sea of loneliness
And when they stopped,
I was engulfed
I am so glad you are back
And I wish it could be the same again


4 comments:

  1. Nice one, Uchene. Cant help wondering what was going on when you wrote this.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uchene! U kept this poem!👍 good one.... I remember reading it over and over then.....#urgoodmehn

    ReplyDelete