Friday 6 January 2017

One day at a time


It's easy to stay motivated in the first few days of a New year, or the first few days of starting something new.

This year, I want to write one blog post everyday.

This is partly motivated by my favourite Facebook page (NasDaily), where Nas updates one-minute videos everyday. Even though we watch each video for only one minute, it takes the whole day for him to think about a topic, write a script, go out and actually film videos, and edit the videos. I think he said in one of his videos that the hardest part is thinking about a topic.

In the past few days, I have been on holiday so it has been relatively easy to write. Now, I do not have so much time and I don't want to write for just the sake of writing. Can I really write one interesting blog post everyday? 

I don't know.

A Facebook friend said if we think too far ahead (about the things we have to do), we may get scared.
Writing 365 articles is scary. Writing one article a day? Not so much.
Eating healthy for 365 days? Scary. Eating healthy today? Not so much.
Go to the gym everyday for 365 days? Scary. Exercise today? Not so much.

So, I am taking one step a day. Some days I'll take giant steps, but some other days I'll take little steps. I guess that's what is really important; to keep moving.

P.S. I'm really happy today. 
And you really should like NasDaily on Facebook.
And listen to Moving Forward by Mali Music

Picture source: Author

No comments:

Post a Comment