Monday 2 January 2017

The Notebook



I have tried journaling numerous times. Almost everytime, I have been unsuccessful. The one time I wrote consistently for a long period of time, I lost all my electronic notes and I'm yet to recover them.

Two years ago, I started a thanksgiving journal (more like a notebook). However, I have not been very consistent in noting the things I am thankful for.

The thing about thanksgiving journals is that they are all rosy and cheerful. And I think everybody needs one because it is so easy to remember all the bad stuff and oh so difficult to remember the good times.

Today I read through the journal and I remember...

- the time I was very tired and could not work but prayed and received needed strength from God

- the time God literally left me speechless and I wrote "Jehovah, God of Israel, I am speechless. Thank you" in caps in my journal

- the day we prayed and God intervened in an impossible situation

- the many little coincidences or as we call them, God-incidences

- the time I was overwhelmed, forgot that it was a thanksgiving journal and wrote down a heartfelt prayer to God.

I also remember the things I did not write in the journal. I remember the many little and big miracles that have happened in this long walk with God.

The elderly lady in the movie 'War room' had a framed plaque of answered prayers on her wall.

Somehow I have framed a plaque of prayers that seem unanswered in my mind. But this little thanksgiving book helped me remember... There have been far more answers to prayers.

Sometimes it feels like a lonely walk.

But this journal has helped me to remember that not once, never once, did I ever walk alone. That when it mattered the most, God showed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment